CHARLOTTE, NC (November 2, 2016) – The Independence Fund, a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering severely wounded veterans and their caregivers to take control of their lives, today announced the launch of its "Common Ground” fundraising campaign. The campaign, designed to bring together Americans divided by political and social turmoil, will promote awareness for and invite people to donate to support The Independence Fund’s mission of supporting our nation’s greatest heroes through mobility and caregiver programs that help them regain their independence.
Recent headlines and a bitter election season have made The United States seem like a divided nation. Yet despite political differences, The Independence Fund believes that all Americans can agree that giving back to those who have sacrificed for us is our most important mission.
"Supporting severely wounded veterans and caregivers is a mission that has no sides and does not differentiate between races, colors or creeds, said Nick Kaylor, executive director, The Independence Fund and a veteran of the United States Navy. "As 2016 comes to a close and we look ahead to 2017, we’re inviting all Americans to put aside their differences and support The Independence Fund as we serve the real heroes who have fought and sacrificed for our freedom.”
As part of the Common Ground initiative, The Independence Fund is inviting all Americans to donate to its mission by visiting its website at www.independencefund.org. Additionally, those interested in supporting The Independence Fund through the remainder of 2016 can leverage the following opportunities to contribute to this important cause:
- National Family Caregivers Month – Designated in November, this nationally recognized opportunity honors the hidden heroes who care for wounded veterans and other elderly or disabled citizens day-in and
day-out. The Independence Fund supports caregivers through a multitude of opportunities for caregivers to find respite from the tireless, 24/7 job of providing care to severely wounded veterans.
- The Independence Ride (November 5) – Held in Wallis, Texas, this 63-mile bike ride will bring more than 150 wounded veterans and caregivers together with more than 1,000 local civilians to drive awareness for The Independence Fund’s mission.
- Veteran’s Day (November 11) – A public holiday in which Americans take time to reflect on and remember those who have served in the United States Armed Forces.
- Tire Pros’ Allies for IndependenceMobility Device Giveaway at United States Air Force Academy Football Game (November 12) - As part of its Allies for Independence campaign, Tire Pros will join with The Independence Fund to present an all-terrain mobility device to a severely wounded veteran in Colorado Springs, Colorado, as Air Force takes on Colorado State University.
- Giving Tuesday (November 29) - Nationally recognized day highlighting the importance of charitable giving and encouraging individuals to think about their end-of-year contribution.
- Bronko Nagurski Defender of the Nation Award (December 5) - The Independence Fund will raise awareness of their mission by honoring a select defensive player from one of our nation’s military academies at the Charlotte Touchdown Club in North Carolina.
The Independence Fund works tirelessly to help severely wounded veterans and their caregivers regain their independence through two pillars, its mobility program – which provides all-terrain mobility devices to help veterans experience activities they were previously unable to enjoy – and the caregiver program, which focuses on offering respite for those who are the hidden heroes and provide care for wounded veterans day-in and
For more information about donating or sponsorship opportunities, call us at (888) 851-7996 or visit our online donation page.
About The Independence Fund
The Independence Fund is a nonprofit organization that empowers our nation’s severely wounded veterans and the caregivers who support them to take control of their lives. Through its dedicated mobility and treatment programs, the Fund assists veterans in transforming their lives toward a better future. The Independence Fund believes we owe it to our veterans to provide the resources they need to move forward and build a strong foundation
Back to Blogs